Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions constitute an agreement between you and Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc., the operator of www.Pasadenatraumatherapy.com (the “Website”). These Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”) govern your use of the website, both as a casual visitor and as a registered user.
By accessing, browsing, or using our Website, you become a “Visitor.” Your accessing, browsing, or using this Website constitutes your agreement to all terms, conditions, and notices and any changes to the Terms of Service made by Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc.
In order to access certain parts of www.Pasadenatraumatherapy.com, you may need to have a “membership” (particularly when accessing online workshops). By becoming a member, you confirm that you have read these Terms of Service, that you understand them, and that you consent to be bound by them.
Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that third parties may have a relationship with Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. that is governed by different agreements or terms and conditions and, you waive any claim against Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. with respect to such differing terms and conditions. Please note that we offer the Website “as is” and without warranties. If you are registering an account or using the Website on behalf of an individual or entity other than yourself, you represent that you are authorized by such individual or entity to accept these Terms of Service on such individual’s or entity’s behalf.
About the Site
There is no therapeutic relationship with any of the Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. therapists just by using the information on the Website. Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. will assist you in finding appropriate referrals, with the understanding that we make no guarantees of the quality of services that you end up with. Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. will not be held liable for any decision made based on this information.
Authorization and Acknowledgement
In connection with using the Website and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with mental health professionals, you understand that:
- Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. chooses mental health therapists to be featured on the Website based on a pre-existing contractual agreement with those therapists.
- Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. will provide you with a list of mental health professionals who may be suitable to deliver the mental health services that you are seeking based solely on the information that you provide to Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. Again; you are in charge of and responsible of picking your own therapist.
Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. makes the Website available as a service to consumers and mental health professionals for the purposes of providing an informative and educational resource. The timeliness, accuracy, and effectiveness of any or all of the Information are not guaranteed. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of any such therapies, products, and services. Any products and/or services represented on the Site by advertisers, sponsors, and other Site participants, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome, or success.
Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. is not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our site, including the information or content contained within them. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Website to another website or service, our policy does not apply to those third-party websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Website, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. is not responsible and does not have control over any third parties that you authorize to access your information. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your information, you do so at your own risk.
Changes to These Terms of Service
We may change these Terms of Service at any time as we reasonably deem appropriate. Upon any change in these Terms of Service, we will post the amended agreement on the Website with or without notice of the changes. Your continued use of the Website and/or the Services following such notification shall constitute your affirmative acknowledgment of the Terms of Service, the modification, and agreement to abide and be bound by the Terms of Service, as amended. If at any time you choose not to accept these Terms of Service, including following receipt of notification of any modifications hereto, then please do not use the Website.
Content You Post or Submit
You will have the opportunity to submit feedback regarding your experiences with Providers who are featured on the Site. You agree that you will only provide Posted Content that you believe to be true, and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information. You may not provide feedback that: (i) is false or intentionally misleading; (ii) harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iii) violates the rights of any person; (iv) is threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous, or (v) otherwise creates any liability for Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc or any of its affiliates or users of the Website. Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including, without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the Services and/or the Website.
Termination or restricted access
Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. may terminate and/or suspend your membership immediately, without notice, if there has been a violation of these Terms of Service or other policies and terms posted on the Website by you or by someone using your Credentials. We may also cancel or suspend your registration for any other reason but will attempt to notify you in advance of such cancellation or suspension.
Cookies and Tracking Tools
- To remember your country and language preferences
- To deliver information that matches your interests
- To help us understand our audience and traffic patterns
- To let you automatically log into programs and parts of our site that require membership
- To manage and present site info displayed on our website that will be specific to you
Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. uses Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that third-party vendors, and we use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site.
Our company’s commitment to data security
While Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. strives to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Additionally, while Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. makes every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. If we do discover a security breach affecting your data, every effort will be made to provide a notification within 72 hours of our team learning of the occurrence.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The CCPA took effect on January 1, 2020, and is intended to protect the data of California residents.
If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights with respect to your data. We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Rights that you may have, include:
- Requesting deletion of your information. If you request that your account be deleted, you will lose access to all of our programs in which you are actively registered.
- Opting out from the sale of your information to third parties.
- Requesting disclosure of the personal information we have collected about you and the types of third parties with whom it has been shared.
- Requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Every effort will be made to respond to a verified request within a reasonable time or the time frame required by law.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- Right to rectification: the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- Right to erasure: the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing: the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization or directly to you under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected].