Working with Trauma and The Body Workshop
This workshop is focused on working with trauma (predominately sexual abuse) from a somatic perspective- with a focus on working with sensations held in the body, gestures, movement, etc. You will learn how to work with body sensations and bring balance back to the nervous system.
Click on “Rent” in order to purchase the workshop. You can then sign in and out from here to access the workshop at different times within a 5-day time frame.
Once you have purchased the workshop, you will receive an email with the PDF power-point presentation, the workshop evaluation sheet, and the CEU test. Thank you ahead of time for your interest in this workshop!
Note: You will only have access to this workshop and the exam for 5 days. Please keep that in mind when you are purchasing it to allocate enough time to watch all 4.5 hours of it.
Learning Objectives- participants will be able to:
- Identify what trauma is and the impact on the body
- Identify at least 3 symptoms of how trauma shows up in the body
- Describe 2 defense mechanisms that can be seen through the body
- Identify 3 tools to help clients manage symptoms of hyper-arousal and hypo-arousal
- Prepare clients to process their traumas through the body
- What is Trauma?
- One time incident
- Vs. ongoing, chronic trauma
- Symptoms of Trauma
- Indicators of Sexual
- PTSD Falls into 3 main categories
- Defense Mechanisms
- Feigned Death
- Defining Dissociation
- Trauma Treatment Stages
- Treat the Symptoms
- Trauma Processing
- Re-integration into Life
- The window of Tolerance Concept
- Getting clients in their Window of Tolerance
- Creating Stabilization
- Somatic Resources
- Grounding Techniques
- Other Resources
- Trauma Strategies
- Dealing with Flashbacks
- Understanding the Freeze Response and its benefits
- “Talking” to your body
- Understanding Shame
- Addressing the Body
- Trauma Processing
- Somatic Work- Includes body language/gestures, emotions, thoughts, and movements- for indicators of trauma-related tendencies.
- Parts Work
- Working with Imagery
- Integration into Life
- Boundary Work
- Working with cognitive distortions related to the trauma
- Attachment disturbances are also explored
- Help clients increase their capacity for pleasure (in and out of their body)
Counselors • Social Workers • Psychologists • Case Managers • Addiction Counselors Therapists • Marriage & Family Therapists • Other Mental Health Professionals
What is included:
- Access to a 4.5-hour workshop online.
- A PDF file of the presentation slides will be emailed.
- The CEU test and course evaluation will be emailed.
- This program can allow you to proceed at your own pace, in your own time and space.
Grievances: if there are any questions or complaints (i.e. course content, facilities, certificates, miscellaneous occurrences), please contact me directly. There are NO refunds for this workshop.
Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education for MFTs, LCSWs, and LPCCs. Pasadena Trauma Therapy, Inc. maintains responsibility for any program/course and its content. Provider Number 86858.